Jump to navigation
Mandate and missions
- Sustainable and equitable management of the Lake Chad waters and other transboundary water resources of the Lake Chad Basin;
- Preservation and protection of ecosystems of the catchment area;
- Promotion of integration, and preservation of peace and security peace in the Conventional Basin.
- To collect, evaluate, and disseminate information on projects prepared by member States and recommend plans for common projects and joint research programmes in the Basin;
- To keep close contact between the High Contracting Parties with a view to ensuring the most efficient use of the waters of the Basin;
- To monitor the execution of studies and works in the basin, and to keep member States informed;
- To draw up common rules regarding navigation and transport;
- To draw up staff regulations and to ensure their application;
- To examine complaints and to promote the settlement of disputes.